How the US could push Russia’s Defense Spending to the Brink, ColdWar Style
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
May 7, 2019 - by SCOTT WYLAND for STARS AND STRIPES
The United States should pull a page from the Cold War playbook and drive Russia to spend money in a tit-for-tat power game that its smaller economy can't support, a think tank said in a recent study.
The West can exploit factors that are making Russia more vulnerable, such as economic sanctions, fuel prices falling below peak levels, an aging population and increasing authoritarianism under President Vladimir Putin, Rand Corp. said in the report. However, it also urged caution with ventures that could provoke Moscow.
The U.S. should fund operations with the secondary aim of unsettling Russia and diverting it to less-threatening pursuits that deplete its coffers, said the Rand report, titled "Overextending and Unbalancing Russia."...
- China Developing Fifth-gen Stealth Fighter-bomber, Says U.S. ... ›
- Airbus and Boeing are Signing Economic Suicide Pacts with China ... ›
- Norway says Russia Jammed GPS Signal During NATO Drill ... ›
- "Russia is establishing a long-term military deployment on the ... ›
- Russia develops super heavy 500-ton Elephant transport aircraft ... ›
- Russia's power line: How Bombardier helped build a controversial ... ›
- Russia Has a Stealth Fighter Problem... - FliegerFaust ›