The Winnebago Heli-Home Was a Real Flying RV That Needs to Make a Comeback in 2020
A decade before Spaceballs, Winnebago thought about making RVs fly
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
The motorhome seems like a great idea until you have to actually drive it somewhere. As it turns out, the car and the house don't have enough in common to be the best fit. But what about a house and a helicopter—what is the latter if not an airborne box that can be filled with the comforts of home?
I guess that was the thought behind the Winnebago Heli-Home, a real flying RV that was actually marketed and sold by Winnebago in the late 1970s. A pretty perfect idea for vacations in 2020, too.
I would like to begin by saying that it's unfortunate Winnebago didn't actually try to make an existing RV model fly a la Eagle 5 in Spaceballs, but reality has its stubborn limits.
Instead, beginning in 1975 it worked with a company called Orlando Helicopter Airways to acquire a fleet of ex-military Siksorky S-55...
- F-35: ONE Engine is Safer than TWO!?? - Says Pratt & Whitney ... ›
- This NATO Member Regrets Buying America's F-35 Stealth Fighter ... ›
- Lockheed F-35 Is Old School: France and Germany Have Big 6th ... ›
- Viking Series 400 Twin Otter Receives Float Certification in China ... ›
- WATCH THIS Video: Coronavirus - Where Did The Airlines Park ... ›