China Launched DF-21D Missile And DF-26B Missile Into South China Sea, Which Are Considered "Carrier Killers"
The situation in the South China Sea is turning increasingly tense
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
August 30, 2020 - by Global Times for www.globaltimes.cn
- The situation in the South China Sea is turning increasingly tense.
The US Department of Defense (DOD) on Thursday released a statement criticizing the military exercises of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) in the South China Sea and the firing of ballistic missiles which "further destabilize the situation in the South China Sea."
The statement also claims that these actions "stand in contrast to China's pledge not to militarize the South China Sea."
Some Republican senators also called for sanctions against China. The US responded in such a fierce manner because it said that the PLA launched a DF-21D missile and a DF-26B missile into the South China Sea, which are considered "carrier killers."
The DOD talked wildly about China's "coercion" to neighboring countries. But which regional country that has territorial disputes with China owns aircraft carriers? If the PLA really launched missiles into the South China Sea, does this have anything to do with those countries?
When the Pentagon...
- Video Of Chinese Fighters Over South China Sea Gives Insight Into ... ›
- China Flies AG600 from the Sea, Suggests Assault Ship Could ... ›
- China integrates long-range surveillance capabilities - FliegerFaust ›
- U.S. Confirms China Has Launched What Could Be Its Version Of The X-37B Spaceplane - FliegerFaust ›