Airbus Pursues A400M Opportunity in South Korea...
Billed as a competitor to the Lockheed Martin C-130J Hercules, the A400M can carry larger payloads over strategic distances...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 16, 2019 - by Jon Grevatt, Seoul for janes.com
Airbus Defence and Space (DS) is positioning its A400M transport aircraft to meet a requirement in the Republic of Korea (RoK) Air Force, the company said in a media briefing on 16 October at the Seoul International Aerospace & Defense Exhibition (ADEX).
Johan Pelissier, head of Asia-Pacific in Airbus DS, said the potential A400M programme had received impetus given the company's deliveries of A330-200 Multirole Tanker Transport (MRTT) aircraft to the RoK Air Force.
Following selection in 2015, Airbus DS has delivered three MRTTs – the most recent in August – with the fourth scheduled to arrive in December.
"I definitely see an increasing interest from South Korea to meet their future requirements," said Pelissier in reference to the A400M.
He added, "At this point [in] time it is more business development discussions [between Airbus DS and the RoK Air Force].
There is no request for information (RFI). [But] we see a potential need for this aircraft in the coming few years, and the RoK Air Force is interested to learn more about what the A400M can do."
- New Fighter Aircraft Selection Process - What Matters For The ... ›
- WARNING: F-35 Jets: Chinese-Owned Company Making Parts for ... ›
- Why Does Each F-35 Pilot Helmet Cost US$400,000? How Many ... ›
- Did you know? The F-35 Could Reportedly Break Itself if it Goes Too ... ›
- Removing F-35 Engine Takes At Least 36 Hours! 60 Minutes on a ... ›
- Airplane Manufacturers Look to Reduce Number of Pilots to One ... ›
- Air France and the A220 Order Status and Airbus Asia A220-300 ... ›