Check Out This Eerie Image Of A Navy Special Ops Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk Raiding A Ship In The Dead Of Night
The unique Navy helicopter unit that supported this particular exercise could be on the chopping block next year.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
March 24, 2020 - by JOSEPH TREVITHICK for thedrive.com
The U.S. Navy's Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 85, or HSC-85, also known as the "Firehawks," helped members of a specialized U.S. Coast Guard counter-terrorism unit train to rappel down and quickly board a ship where terrorists might be in control and holding hostages last month.
The crews of HSC-85, the Navy's only helicopter squadron dedicated to providing special operations forces support, are very familiar with the tactics, techniques, and procedures required for these kinds of Helicopter Visit Board Search and Seizure operations.
The Navy now wants to shutter HSC-85 as part of its 2021 Fiscal Year budget proposal to help free up funds for other priorities.
- America's Air Traffic Control System Is Suffering Crippling ... ›
- "Tower Closed!" Las Vegas and Chicago Midway - From a pilot's ... ›
- Canada buying aircraft with sensors and equipment to intercept cell ... ›
- Canadians Won't Be Allowed To Work On Portions Of New ... ›
- The Air Force And SpaceX Are Teaming Up For A 'Massive' Live Fire ... ›