The ‘Flying-V,’ a Fuel-Efficient Alternative to Jumbo Jets, Just Flew for the First Time...
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
September 4, 2020 - by MICHAEL VERDON for robbreport.com
The Flying-V was designed as a fuel-efficient, long-range aircraft in which the passenger seating, fuel tanks and baggage hold are built into the wings.
A scaled version of the V-Wing made its first flight, showing that alternative designs could become long-distance aircraft of the future.
A scale model of the "Flying-V," an experimental aircraft design with huge wings, took flight recently in Germany. The blended-wing aircraft concept is a project by Delft Technical University (TU Delft) in the Netherlands, with financial support by KLM Airlines.
It was recently flown from a German airbase, with the support of a team from Airbus...
- Aviation GPS Technology Seen To Be At Risk... - FliegerFaust ›
- Airbus Called The A220 "An Amazing Piece of Technology ... ›
- Bombardier Selling Off Unique CSeries Technology - The Airbus ... ›
- Hawaii Installing Facial Recognition Technology To Aid In Virus ... ›
- Japan, US Deepen Fighter Technology Talks - FliegerFaust ›