Garmin’s Aircraft Autoland System
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 30, 2019 - by Miquel Rpss for airinsight.com
Are you one of those that have sometimes thought "what would I do if I am on a plane and something happens to the pilot?" I got to test fly the Autoland as a guest of Garmin.
Well, when it comes to commercial airliners this may sound like straight out of the realm of science-fiction, but what imagine for a second that you are flying on a small private plane, the sort that an amateur pilot friend may invite you to take a ride in, or perhaps you are on a joy-ride panoramic flight.
The chances are still low, but a quick headline search would quickly tell that this is by no means an unthinkable scenario, there were …incidents involving general aviation aircraft in the US alone.
It is this type of scenario that Garmin had in mind when it developed the Garmin Autoland...
Read more https://airinsight.com/garmins-autoland/
- Bombardier Selling Off Unique CSeries Technology - The Airbus ... ›
- The U.S. Military Is Using Solar-Powered Balloons To Spy on Parts ... ›
- GPS 3 is the future of navigation, and it's set to roll out in 2023 0 ... ›
- Saudi authorities could gain access to technology that would enable ... ›
- Hypersonic Missiles: What Are They And Can They Be Stopped ... ›