Are Business Jet Pilots Ready for This Wearable Head up Display? By Thales
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
October 30, 2019 - by Woodrow Bellamy III for
Thales plans on bringing its experience in providing helmet mounted display technology for military pilots to the business jet market with the newly upgraded version of TopMax, which is on track to become the first wearable head up display (HUD) to receive a technical standard order (TSO) and certification for business jet operations.
The initial version of TopMax was first introduced at the 2016 National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) Business Aviation Conference and Exhibition (BACE), and Thales has kept its capabilities relatively the same.
However, the form factor and ergonomics of the design has been significantly improved since then based on pilot feedback.
Once the headset is worn, it...
- Video: Russian Tu-160 Strategic Bombers Land in Venezuela Few ... ›
- Why Does Each F-35 Pilot Helmet Cost US$400,000? How Many ... ›
- A220 operators told to limit engine thrust at high altitude - FliegerFaust ›
- How a High Tech Heist GAVE CHINA F-35 'DNA' for Its J-20 Stealth ... ›
- Airplane Manufacturers Look to Reduce Number of Pilots to One ... ›