The Mitsubishi SpaceJet — As We Know It Today — Is Dead
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
May 28, 2020 - by Jon Ostrower for theaircurrent.com
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries' intent to cultivate a new market for the Japanese conglomerate in North America has been withdrawn. Its purpose, the creation of a next-generational regional jet, is on hold indefinitely.
Mitsubishi Aircraft Corporation, or Mitac, MHI's commercial aircraft unit, is now set to shutter its operations in North America and Europe, the company confirmed last Friday.
With letting go of Mitac's international presence, its parent has reabsorbed its aircraft division leaving an indefinitely-paused future for the existing M90.
Continue reading below
Goodbye MRJ / SpaceJet aircraft. #MSJUSA #MRJUSA pic.twitter.com/jPhEe0z9ue
— Isaac ✈ Alexander (@jetcitystar) May 28, 2020
Overnight at Komaki Airport in Nagoya, Mitac rolled out its first completed production aircraft in the early hours of May 28, but it isn't expected to fly for quite some time.
It's important to delineate between MHI, the program's corporate parent, which builds everything from rockets and wings for 787s to industrial power systems and cruise ships ad Mitac, which led the development of the Mitsubishi Regional Jet.
That effort began in 2008 and was...
- Mitsubishi SpaceJet Retreat Is The Best News For Embraer In Months ›
- June 1, 2020 Closing - Transaction With Mitsubishi - Acquisition of ›
- Boeing closes the door on Embraer, opens one open for Mitsubishi ... ›
- CRJ To Disappear in 2020 - Mirabel & Belfast Jobs At Rick ... ›
- Mitsubishi Acquisition of the CRJ Being Good News For Embraer - FliegerFaust ›
- Airbus' H160 Mutli-Role Helicopter Awarded EASA Certification - FliegerFaust ›