Bombardier pushing forward with major Belfast factory extension
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
December 8, 2019 - by John Mulgrew for ulsterbusiness.com
Full plans have now been submitted by the aerospace giant could see its Airport Road West site grow by around 31,000 sq m.
The wing production and assembly facility houses Bombardier's resin-infused composite aircraft wing manufacturing process for the Airbus A220 aircraft programme.
Bombardier employs around 3,600 people in Northern Ireland, including 1,000 working on the former CSeries jets, which have been rebranded as the A220, after Airbus took on a majority stake in the series.
The complete wings and fuselage components for the jet are made within the Canadian aerospace giant's Belfast operation, which is being sold off to...
- British Airways: Crew Blast New Airbus A320NEO Because a Seat is ... ›
- WARNING: F-35 Jets: Chinese-Owned Company Making Parts for ... ›
- New Global DRONE Standards Proposed - £42 billion to UK GDP ... ›
- “RAF Quick Reaction Alert Typhoon fighters are now armed with the ... ›
- Heathrow: SWISS A319 Carrying 126 People Nearly Smashed Into ... ›