Uncorrected Design Flaws, Cyber-Vulnerabilities, and Unreliability Plague the F-35 Program
The latest testing report on the F-35 shows there hasn't been appreciable improvement in the program's overall reliability since 2016
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
March 26, 2020 - by DAN GRAZIER for pogo.org
- The latest testing report on the F-35 shows there hasn't been appreciable improvement in the program's overall reliability since 2016
As the F-35 program limps toward the end of its much-delayed operational testing period and subsequent full-rate production decision, unanswered questions about its combat effectiveness and suitability for service within the fleet remain. The Pentagon weapons testing office's 2019 annual report, released earlier this year, paints a picture of an incompletely designed and vulnerable aircraft that may never be able to perform many of its intended functions.
In addition to the requirements that have not been—and possibly will not be—met, the program is still plagued by hundreds of unresolved design flaws. The Pentagon calls these design flaws "deficiencies," and as of the release of the annual testing report, the F-35 program had 873.
Most were identified prior to the declared end of the program's development phase—officially known as system development and demonstration—providing more evidence of just how premature the decision to end that phase was....
- This NATO Member Regrets Buying America's F-35 Stealth Fighter ... ›
- Israel 'Modified' Their F-35 Stealth Fighters. The Results Speak for ... ›
- The US Air Force Wants To Buy Five E-11A - Built Using Bombardier ... ›
- Acquisition and innovation insights from Lieutenant Colonel Sean ... ›
- Why Does US Military Equipment Cost So Much Money ... ›
- Bombardier Challenger Business Jet to Take on Military Missions ... ›
- Army Selects Bell And Sikorsky To Continue In Long-Range Assault ... ›
- The U.S. Military Is Using Solar-Powered Balloons To Spy on Parts ... ›