US-NAVY BOEING F/A-18E/F SUPER HORNET HAS MADE A CRASH LANDING ON RUNWAY 30 IN BAHRAIN
A U.S. F-18 fighter jet suffering an engine problem crash landed at Bahrain International Airport (BAH) and its pilot ejected from the aircraft after it ran off the runway, authorities said. The pilot escaped unharmed.
Click Like to Follow Fliegerfaust Facebook page to get the News ASAP / Share to share this post now.
12 August, 2017 by Maarten Van Den Driessche
The crash disrupted flights to and from the island nation off the coast of Saudi Arabia that's home to the U.S. Navy's 5th Fleet. Images on social media showed the grey fighter jet's nose tipped into the air but largely intact.
The F-18 took off from the USS Nimitz, an aircraft carrier now in the Persian Gulf, said Cmdr. Bill Urban, a fleet spokesman. While in flight, the plane suffered an engine malfunction, forcing the pilot to divert, Urban said.
The pilot initially tried to land at Sheikh Isa Air Base in Bahrain, but...
- Pilot ejects from F-18 jet at the last second, just before crash ... ›
- Virginia Beach plane crash - New surveillance footage shows F-18 ... ›
- New surveillance video shows F-18 crashing into apartments ... ›
- F 18 Hornet crash Video - YouTube ›
- Uncertainty Still Surrounds Hornet Crash That Killed Marine Pilot ... ›
- F-18 crashes attempting to land aboard USS Carl Vinson, pilot ... ›
- US Navy F-18 from carrier Carl Vinson crashes off the Philippines ... ›
- Navy F-18 Fighter Jet Crashes in Nevada During Training - ABC News ›
- JET F-18 CRASHES IN CANADA- AVION F-18 SE ESTRELLA EN ... ›
- The Aviationist » Yet another U.S. F/A-18 has just crashed in Japan ... ›
- F-18 Jet From USS Carl Vinson Heading to North Korea Crashes ... ›